Tuesday, March 29, 2011

She designed a life she loved

A gorgeous layout by Mellisa Mann!
Here is what Melissa has to say about her layout: "Hey, everyone! Melissa here again :-)  I LOVE this new line of paper by Sassafras Lass - the colors are just perfect! I especially love that flowered paper; it is just gorgeous! A couple of things about this layout - 1.) I used Bahama Blue Tattered Angels Mist on the Prima canvas letters. I dropped some of the mist on there and then used a water bottle to get a more watercolor look. 2.) When I started to put the smaller Sassafras alphas down on the flowered paper, they kind of got lost on it - so, I quickly swiped some gesso with my finger across the section of paper where my title would appear - let it dry - and placed my title down. It was just what was needed to let those alphas pop on the flowery background!"

Awesome tips Melissa! Thanks! 


Supplies: 

5 comments:

Rahel Menig said...

love it melissa :D very pretty!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeee this Melissa!!! I love love love love the layers and that title is PERFECT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Stephanie (steffogal1) said...

OOOh Love it!! Melissa.. beautiful layout.. fav is the SHE canvas word and how you create your magical layouts! love it

ellen s. said...

oooh i want those tiny alphas! i hope you have them in woodgrain :)

scrappylikethat said...

Pretty LO, Melissa. I love the photo layering & patterned paper. Great tip on the gesso smearing!