Tuesday, March 29, 2011

She designed a life she loved

A gorgeous layout by Mellisa Mann!
Here is what Melissa has to say about her layout: "Hey, everyone! Melissa here again :-)  I LOVE this new line of paper by Sassafras Lass - the colors are just perfect! I especially love that flowered paper; it is just gorgeous! A couple of things about this layout - 1.) I used Bahama Blue Tattered Angels Mist on the Prima canvas letters. I dropped some of the mist on there and then used a water bottle to get a more watercolor look. 2.) When I started to put the smaller Sassafras alphas down on the flowered paper, they kind of got lost on it - so, I quickly swiped some gesso with my finger across the section of paper where my title would appear - let it dry - and placed my title down. It was just what was needed to let those alphas pop on the flowery background!"

Awesome tips Melissa! Thanks! 


Supplies: 

6 comments:

Rahel Menig said...

love it melissa :D very pretty!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeee this Melissa!!! I love love love love the layers and that title is PERFECT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Stephanie said...

OOOh Love it!! Melissa.. beautiful layout.. fav is the SHE canvas word and how you create your magical layouts! love it

Melissa Mann said...

Thanks, ladies!

ellen s. said...

oooh i want those tiny alphas! i hope you have them in woodgrain :)

scrappylikethat said...

Pretty LO, Melissa. I love the photo layering & patterned paper. Great tip on the gesso smearing!