Saturday, March 19, 2011

Art Parts by Studio490

Art Parts by Studio490 - you have to take a look at these thick, durable paper board surfaces designed exclusively for altering. I am working on some now and they are great to work with.  You can decoupage, Distress Stain, Distress Ink, paint, mist... them.  Then add Rock Candy Crackle paint, stickles, glossy accents, glitterGolden Artist Colors Pearl Mica Flakes... to make your art parts special to you.

CAKE STAND - Here I make the cake stand except I turned the sides up to make a tray instead.  I cover the tray with Graphic45 Once Upon a Springtime papers and stickled the scalloped edges around the top.
The base is painted with Jenni Bowlin Dabber pink and I distressed with Tim Holtz walnut ink over the paint once it was dry.  I added Rock Candy crackle paint then topped it off with a coating of Ranger Glossy Accents so my daughter wouldn't pick the crackle off -lol.  I know she would never do that!
The dowel is cover with Glitz Designs Paper Layers applied with Golden Soft  Gel Medium as the glue.
Art Parts - Clearly for Art are 8.5 x 11 inch sheets which you can stamp or die cut a shape, heat to soften, then shape into clear dimensional embellishments.
Come over to BlueMoon to see all the Art Parts by Studio490 and Studio490 Stamps - here!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhh I love love love what you made with these!! WOWWWWWWWWWW!! And hehehehehehe about your daughter! I think I can relate to that! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Judi said...

love what you did with the cake stand, Lisa! So pretty!