Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A card tutorial from Melissa Mann

A fun tutorial from Melissa Mann!
Hey, everyone!  I made up a quick tutorial on a set of small greeting cards for this week.  These can easily be given away as a gift for teachers, friends, etc.  Or, you can just have them on hand for your own use!
First I started with some Kraft card stock cut down to 9.5" x 5". I folded these in half and rounded the upper right hand corner with my Fiskars punch. Then I cut a piece of 7 gypsies patterned paper to just fit within the front of the card and also rounded the upper right hand corner. These were adhered directly to the front of the card stock.
 I then took a piece of Graphic 45 patterned paper and cut out three strips that would fit across the front of the 7 Gypsies paper on the front of the card. I backed that piece of paper with white card stock.
I took a length of Maya Road ribbon and cut down three pieces that fit across the Graphic 45 paper and sewed it down with my sewing machine.
Then, those three strips were adhered down across the front of the card.
Next, I took a scrap piece of white card stock and stamped out three of the scalloped circles from my American Crafts clear stamps in black Staz-on ink. Then, I stamped a yellow butterfly and flowers in the middle of each of those circles.
I backed each of those punched out circles with a couple of pop dots and placed them off-center on the strip of Graphic 45 paper across the card.
Using the same American Craft stamp set, I stamped out the sentiment "Thanks" in black Staz-on ink as well. I then cut out those sentiments. 
I also backed these with a couple of pop dots and placed them above the strip of paper across the card.
I wanted to add a little bit more dimension to the front of my card, so I opened up a pack of berries & leaves by Webster's Pages and snipped off the three red leaves.
I tucked these up behind the scalloped circle and adhered them down.
It was much easier to make these using an assembly line setup. I finished these up in about 35 minutes :-)
xoxo,
Melissa

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are AWESOME Melissa!! I loveeeeeeee all the cards!! Thanks for the tips!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Dana Tatar said...

Beautiful cards! I love the pop of colors and the touch of bling!

TheLastOfNine said...

Love that you used happy color for the top layers.
Gloria H

Julie Bonner said...

Gorgeous Melissa!

scrappylikethat said...

Cute cards, Melissa. Love the vintage patterned paper plus the touch of G45. And how cute is that ribbon?