Friday, October 15, 2010

The end of Summer

An soothing layout designed by Julie Bonner.  I can feel relaxing ocean waves.


"This is a close up highlighting some punching & hand-cutting I did to add a little something extra to the page. Punches are a great way to dress up borders and/or to create embellishments that you can layer up. I also loved the design on this Dear Lizzy paper & hand-cut it to create a decorative border strip - love when patterned paper lends itself to this :) 


This is a close-up on a little stamping I did - but guess what . . . it is really just the bottom portion of a Tim Holtz Distress Ink!!! I love how just stamping the bottom portion of this repeatedly creates a fun border on the page :) "Susan



3 comments:

Melanie Stanczyk said...

This is so pretty! Great job!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS Julie! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors and that photo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Stephanie (steffogal1) said...

Soothing is right!! and super pretty! I love that the colors you chose!! so close to the true colors of our sandy beaches! BEAUTIFUL LAYOUT!!