Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Vangie Dowling Video

Vangie has been working on a video for us and she is now on the Design Team!
Here is a gorgeous 7gypsies Letterpress Tray designed in the Steampunk Era using the newest Graphic 45 papers and staples.



Here are a few items used: 7gypsies Scrapbooking Hardware GEARS GEMS,
Graphic 45 Staples , and Graphic 45 Steampunk papers.


Vangie did a fabulous job on this tray and researched the term "Steampunk"- take a look!



Greetings Bluemoonscrapbooking.com fans!

 I am so excited about being here with you all! I am so blessed to have been chosen for this job. I promise to bring you some great ideas and inspiration during my term. In this current project, I used G45 Steam punk Debutante, G45 Staples, and 7gypsies. These are great products to work with. I was able to alter the charms and even bend the wings on the watch/winged piece so that it fit in my Shadow Box. Don't be afraid to really work these items; add paint to them, sand them, and even cover them with pieces of altered paper. The possibilities are endless! BE FEARLESS!
I also want to tell you a little bit about myself. I have been a mixed media artist for some time now. I started scrapbooking in 1991 after the birth of my only child. Shortly after spending 5-years teaching, hosting, and planning scrapbooking crops and shows I changed my media to glass. I am a "lampworker" and make my own glass beads for jewelry. I have been doing this for several years. I love working with glass. I love the way it melts and folds into little bits of happiness. I have also worked with silver (wire and sheets), clay, dichroic glass, acrylics, charcoal, watercolors, antiques, and German vintage beads. I have a studio in my home where I have a torch, kiln, work table, and tons of mixed media supplies and tools. Many of them which I bought from Lisa and Scott! Currently I am working on mini albums and altered projects. I plan to work with industrial sized vintage spools and the NEW 7gypsies library drawer. LOOK OUT FOR THESE PROJECTS SOON!
I am the mother of a 19-year old boy. He is amazing! I have been married for 12-years to my best friend and I work in a busy ER as a registered nurse (during the Summer). In the Fall, I teach nursing at the University of Arizona! GO CATS!!!
I love to cook (eat), bake (eat), and travel (eat). Do you see a pattern here??? Hehehe...
That's me in about three paragraphs; nothing to exciting. I'm just an average girl enjoying life. I hope to make some friendships through this journey!
Stop by and see me on my blog www.arrestedmotion.blogpsot.com
Thanks,
Vangie

12 comments:

scrappergirlie said...

Looking forward to seeing more of your fab work! How wonderful you are a lampworker!! I just loooooove glass!

Scrapthat said...

Beautiful job Vangie!!

Lena said...

I love your work Vangie!!Congrats!!

Jocelyn said...

Just gorgeous......love what you did with the tray!!!

Lovely backyard also.....I have the same swing chair...I adore it!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lovely comments ladies!
Vangie

Arlene said...

Vangie, you never fail to ROCK the house girl. LOVE everything about this project. Great job!

bethchien said...

awesome project, girl! and welcome!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I just love this! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Stephanie (steffogal1) said...

Angie .. WOW YOUR AMAZING TALENTED!! Super excited your on the BM DT.. I GET to see MORE OF YOUR beautiful artsy treasures! TA-HEE we are all in for a TREAT!!

With a grin,
Steff :)

Leonie Castro said...

Vangie this is an awesome altered project! So you are an ER Nurse-learned so much about you today. Thanks for sharing. Boy I'd like to learn how to do beadery glass making. Pls do a vid so I can learn. I sit by your feet- you inspire me! tyfs
hugs,
Leonie

Julie Bonner said...

Gorgeous tray Vangie!!!