Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Whatcha looking at?

A fun and beautiful layout by Melissa Mann!
"Usually, I am very intimidated by pattern papers that have various patterns or stitching on them - I find them difficult to work with. Mainly because I always use a card stock for my background paper. While looking at the stitched paper from the Amy Tangerine line, it hit me that I should just trim down the pattern paper and back it with a piece of kraft card stock! Why this had never occurred to me before..well, I'm not sure :-)  I trimmed it down and backed it with a piece of kraft; I wanted a good bit of "white" space on this layout to emphasize the pattern paper so I cut out a rectangle of the brown pattern paper and then framed that in some of the mix tape and then stitched all around with my sewing machine. I layered my photo and my title inside of that and then created a small embellishment cluster in the upper left hand corner!" ~~Melissa
Products that Melissa used on her layout:

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooo fun Melissa! I loveeeeeee that photo! :):):):):):):):):):):)