Wednesday, November 10, 2010

New Orleans by Night

An amazing layout by Rahel Menig!

My husband and I went on a road trip around the USA last month. I took over 3000 pictures, lots of all the towns we drove through. But this picture of New Orleans totally stands out of the crowd! Somehow it has kind of a magical touch to it, maybe because of the many lights?? Anyways, I wanted to pinpoint that out with some flimsy embellishments. I decided to use lots of white space and have hints of blues and yellows to highlight the lights. Also I cut out a imaginary skyline of a big city to give the layout that city look I was trying to accomplish.




Supplies:

7 comments:

Julie Bonner said...

Great page - so many fun embellies on this!!!!

jessica_haley555 said...

Beautiful page with some great detail.

Jeanette Wallén said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I love lots of white space myself, and this is something in my taste! Love the skyline and the blue and yellow decos. :D

Thanks for the inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

I love your style. I always know when you have designed something.
You are so unique and FANTASTIC!
Vangie

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AMAZING! LOVEEEEEEEEEE the way you used the flower! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

bethchien said...

wow! what a wicked cool layout! love it!

sharonb said...

What an amazing picture of my city and a great layout. You really make us look good and we need all the help we can get!!! lol