Monday, October 5, 2009

Believe Layout

I just HAD to do a layout after being motivated by Melanie's layout on the design team blog using the Shinning Madonna kit.
I loved her layering and distressing so I thought -O.K. lets give it a try.
Wow, you have to try this -it's easy and the dimension is a great change.
I watered the edges with my finger making the paper easy to scratch up and tear. I inked the edges of the BACKSIDE of the paper. One reason was the paper was white and I didn't want to use an ink on it and have it smear on the white. Ink the back and then water the edges and when it curls up you'll see the distress colors on the back show. It's hard to see in these photos I took, maybe because I didn't use a dark brown -I was keeping the distressing lighter.

I used Prima fabric Flowers and velvet leaves.

The butterflies and die-cut pieces are KandCompany Madeline. The die-cut paper is Chatterbox.



5 comments:

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!

Michelle Ward said...

It's beautiful Lisa! It would be wonderful framed and given to an adoring grandparent:)

Nan said...

Really beautiful....love your colors and the softness!

*SHeRRy B* said...

Gorgeous!

2 Worlds said...

Loved this!