Thursday, June 4, 2009

BasicGrey Calendar

Ahhh..... June - summer here in the desert -time to stay in the air conditioning or outside in the pool. Shade of any kind is a luxury here. Playing in the park is is a challenge because the equipment is burning hot and for some reason there is never a tree next to the play equipment -why is that? In the winter we are out everyday and the summer we stay in the shade and the pool a lot.
Here's my June BasicGrey Calendar page.


A little Heidi Swapp bling under the photo. The green florish and flowers are Collage Press SWEET SHOPPE Sweet Die-cut Shapes I inked the edges and stamped some Basic Grey porcelain birds on the flourish. The flowers I hand curled a bit.


I used Bazzill Basics CARDSTOCK Strips Just the Edge - Walnut a border.  Embossed using Tim Holtz Stamp Set/Garment District
for texture/ Tim Holtz Embossing Powder/Scattered Straw and then I dip the edges of the strip into Tim Holtz Color Wash/Espresso
which I had sprayed onto my craft sheet.

Look at these cool alpha stickers from the Basic Grey LIME RICKEY Collection.
I had no idea they were so cute until I tried one today - now I'm sure to use this whole sheet!
The die-cuts are Collage Press SWEET SHOPPE Sweet Die-cut Shapes. I used Kaiser Craft pearls and American Crafts Zing for the center of the larger flower.  I inked the edges with various colors of ColorBox Cats Eye Chalks.

Heidi Swapp Dream Dining Room Stickers in action.  The stickers come with both pink and black in a package.

To see all the Basic Grey products in-stock today click here.

No comments: