Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sizzix stacked words

It's time to get ready for Valentine's Day!  Today, I want to share a couple of ideas using Tim Holtz's die for Sizzix, Stacked Words: Valentines.  The XO design in particular caught my fancy.  Here are just two of the many ways you could use this die cut.  
Card: Do you need a quick and easy card that still packs graphic punch.  Repeat the same cut in different colors/patterns and then line them up.  You can always add a sentiment as well.
Layout:  This layout is simple and the concept can be used with other shapes as well.  I cut out many of the XO shape and then glued them to my page in straight lines to create my own 'canvas' background.  I then built my layout as I normally would do. In this case, the XO design echos the sentiment that I love my children.
3 different stencils were used and a great big heart sewn onto this layout!

2 comments:

Connie said...

I just want to say how much I enjoy your videos and your excellent service. I've made 3 or 4 orders and each one has arrived in record time. You are spoiling me . . . and I love it:)
Come over and visit. At the moment I have a Valentine post, all done with my new Tim Holtz Distress Markers. Love the colors . . . they are so rich and wonderful. Also, I ordered the
Ranger Water Brushes . . . they are amazing. Every-time I use them I want to find the inventor and give her or him a big huge.
Thank you for providing this great outlet for art supplies.
Your biggest fan and blogging sister, Connie :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVING the 'xo's'!!!!