Using a 12 x 12 canvas I glued with Claudine Hellmuths Studio Medium, a 7gypsies sheet onto the canvas and painted the edges of the canvas.
I painted the canvas, all over, with a green paint, then sprayed with a brown and gold Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. After that dried I added some snowflakes... rub-ons.
Following the directions in the magazine, I cut my strips to make pockets.
I stamped the strips with holiday designs and colors. Then sprayed with more Tattered Angels.
I sewed the pockets to make 25 small pouches - it was at this point I realized this was not going to work for my house. My daughter saw these lovely pockets and decided to touch one.... rip.... since I am making this for little hands I needed to rework the design.
I remade the strips, heavy duty this time, by using fabric as pockets. Now - even little hands can handle it!
Before, I glued the strips onto the canvas. I used a Sharpie marker and made numbers. Now here is where my project looks very different from the magazine. Danita painted each of her pockets red and green, but I don't have any red or green fabric paint so I thought I'd just make a little simpler.
I added some Prima Ribbon after spraying with some brown Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to make it look old and aged. A few chip pieces and a star at the top. I'm not sure about the star I used -I'll keep my eye out for a dimensional one or maybe add some glitter and gems later.
My son wants to make all the angels to go into the pockets - but for now, he has advanced to lego men, nut crackers, snowmen... I guess 25 angels isn't his thing, but I think they are so cute!
I added a 7gypsies pocket to hang from the canvas. This way I can store all the angels... for next year and they won't get damaged, plus we can just empty it out for each day, next year. I distressed the pocket on both sides with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads in browns and greens. Webster's Pages vellum was glued onto the pocket once the ink was dry. Then I attached a chain - done!